Olivia Newton-John has officially satiated Katie’s sweet tooth with apples! That’s right, just a simple apple dish! Because it can be tough to stay healthy during the holidays, Olivia Newton-John shares a recipe that will satisfy your sweets craving without all the calories!
Serving Size: 4
Cook Time: 30-60 min
4 apples or pears, cored
1/3 cup dried fruit, such as raisins or cranberries
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2½ tablespoons honey or maple syrup
Plain yogurt or ice cream to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Use a sharp knife to make a shallow cut through the skin around the middle of the apple — this prevents the skin from splitting during cooking.
- Place the dried fruit into the cavity of the apples and arrange the apples in a small baking dish. Pour over the orange juice and drizzle over the honey.
- Bake the apples for about 30 minutes, or until the juice has thickened and the apples are soft.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with yogurt or ice cream, if desired.
Share your healthy holiday recipes with us!